How to cook a Perfect Roast Beef
Not all beef is created equal for roasting. Some beef like steak ,are best pan-roasted or grilled ,and other beefs, like ground beef are better cooked on the stove top. For the best types of roasts for roasting, look for one of the following.
. Round Roast - this cut is similar to the top sirloin in fat and flavour and is the most common cut used for roast beef.
. Top sirloin Roast - this cut is lean and full of flavour with a little bit of marbling
. Bottom Round Rolled Roast- this is a good budget cut and has more marbling than the Top Round.
Okay ,so now that you have chosen your cut of Beef you will want it to be tender and juicy and full of flavour.
First you will need to season your roast beef and prep the oven. This wont take very long we jest need to make sure the oven is ready for your roast beef so make sure you have a pre -heated your oven and it will be ready for your roast.
Seasoning your roast beef is simple rub with olive oil ,then season with salt and pepper, few dried herbs a sprinkle of brown sugar and some orange zest on the top for some additional flavour.
1.5 kg Roast beef
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of beef broth
1 tsp of each of the following sea salt, ground black pepper, dried thyme, basil, tarragon, rosemary, orange zest.
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Place the roast fat side up, on a rack over a roasting pan .Pour the water and beef broth into the pan( around not over the roast)enough to cover the bottom of the roasting dish.
3. Score the fat on the top of the roast beef and rub the roast with the olive oil, salt and pepper then sprinkle the top of the roast with herbs, brown sugar and orange zest .
4. Place in oven and roast for 50 mins. Do not open the oven door during these 50mim to baste or check the roast.
5. After 45 mins reduce heat to 180 degrees and cook for an additional 10-25mins depending on your roast beef size. Remove from oven and let rest for 10mins. While the roast Beef is resting it will continue to cook
6. Slice across the grain using a sharp Knife in very thin slices to serve.